TSS 2020 goes ONLINE
IT IS DECIDED
TermNet’s International Terminology Summer School TSS2020 will be organized from 1st to 4th July 2020 as ONLINE event.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemia, we can not meet in the beautiful city of Budapest, as initially planned. And we will make the best out of this situation:
We will meet online and enjoy four days of interactive, inspiring and helpful training in terminology management for translation.
The Centre of Modern Languages at Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME), our host, is fully equiped with state-of-the art Online Tools so that you can follow the lectures and workshops online throughout the whole event.
Come and join us and enjoy
- 4 Days of inspiring lectures and keynotes, combined with hands-on workshops and happy hours,
- 4 days of sharing knowledge and experience in terminology management with your peers from all over the world
- 4 days of learning, discussing, sharing and presenting good and best practice in the terminology and translation communities.
Benefit from a training that will bring you to the next level of professional terminology work and management :
The International Terminology Summer School (TSS) is the leading summer school for terminology, language and information professionals from all over the world.
TSS offers a practice-oriented training course covering a comprehensive overview of the methods and tools of terminology management.
Focus in 2020: Terminology Management for Translation
TSS brings together language, terminology, translation and information professionals from all over the world, and from many different organizations and industries.
LEVEL: Basic To Intermediate
The course is taught by some of the most renowned and prominent terminology experts in the world.
Unique: Participation in TSS qualifies to obtain two different certificates for terminology and translation professionals:
- the ECQA Certificate for Terminology Managers, which is also known as “Terminology Driving Licence”. According to your experience and knowledge, you can sit exams at basic and advanced level, and – NEW – for basic level with focus on terminology management for translation. Your full TSS2020 online package will include access to the training material we provide for our online courses. Choose your level and prepare for TSS2020 and your ECQA exam. For further information, please refer to: http://termnet.eu/online-courses
- The brand new Certificate for Post-editors of Machine Translation Output, developed by the Language Industry Certification System (LICS) at Austrian Standards International (ASI), in cooperation with TermNet. Your full TSS2020 online package will provide you with a 10% discount of the certification fee.
Please note that the TSS programme may be subject to change.
You have several options to join us:
Option 1: Book a single day or 2 or 3 days you are most interest in (have a look at the program). Pay per day (single: 99 EUR, double 198 EUR, triple 297 EUR), get access to the recordings of online sessions, and benefit from the training and the contacts with your trainers and peers from all over the world. Online Registration will be available within the next days.
Option 2: Book your full TSS online package, consisting of 4 days with all the benefits you can get:
- Full access to all the e-learning material, as soon as you register, to prepare you to the ECQA exam to qualify as ECQA Certified Terminology Manager, see: http://termnet.eu/online-courses
- Full access to online participation in all the lectures and workshops of TSS2020 including online materials and all recordings of the conference,
- full access to all recordings of the online sessions,
- 1 year free terminology group coaching (one hour group coaching every month), worth 97 EUR,
- 10% discount of the certification fee for the brand new LICS Certificate for Post-editors of Machine Translation Output,
- 20% discount to the regular fee: Pay 798 EUR instead of 997 EUR and save 199 EUR!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Taxes/VAT: All fees exclude 20% VAT. No VAT will be added to the price for European companies, organization and universities that provide a European VAT number for the invoicing, according to the European VAT Transfer System.
Exams to qualify as ECQA Certified Terminology Manager: TSS prepares you to sit the ECQA exam. The exams will take place after TSS – the first dates are end of September.
Exam fee and certificate: The examination and administrative fee is additional
- for the BASIC level: additional € 234 (VAT-exempt)
- for the ADVANCED level: additional € 354 (VAT-exempt)
- for the TRANSLATION specification (advanced level): additional € 379 (VAT-exempt)
- for the ENGINEERING specification (advanced level): additional € 379 (VAT-exempt)
For all other FAQs – please refer to https://termnet.eu/tss-faqs
If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +43 664 344 6180.