CTM basic - ECQA® Certified Terminology Manager_basic level
for language and translation professionals, technical writers and information professionals
Your "Terminology Driving Licence"
This course prepares you to sit the exams to qualify as ECQA® Certified Terminology Manager_basic level.
There are no restrictions as to the educational background of the course participants
- CTM-Basic_Skill Card
This file contains the skills and competences of an ECQA Certified Terminology Manager_basic level.
This is the international "driving licence" for professionals dealing with terminology.
The course is designed for:
- LANGUAGE INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS: Translators, interpreters, localizers, technical writers, etc.
- INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION PROFESSIONALS: ICT experts, information and knowledge managers, etc.
- EXPERTS IN CLASSIFICATION & CATEGORIZATION: e-Business, Semantic Web, libraries and archives, etc.
CTM basic is a self-paced terminology online training where you learn how to:
- coin terms and search, collect, store and retrieve terminology
- deal with monolingual and multilingual terminology
- successfully manage terminology projects
747 EUR excluding 20% VAT.
LEVEL: Beginner to Intermediate
- organise team work and communication
- present the business case for terminology
- calculate and argue costs and return on investments
- involve relevant stakeholders
- deal with terminology standards, copyright issues and product liability
Here's What is Included in CTM basic
- This online course comprises 6 skill units (modules) with:
- a set of training materials in a Moodle e-learning platform;
- online live tutorials or recordings of live webinars, and
- a 1 year free subscription to a monthly terminology group coaching Zoom session.
- Live or recorded webinars will be given by renowned experts for every unit, and recordings will be uploaded at the Moodle platform afterwards.
- Learners will go through the learning materials and the recordings of live webinars at their own pace, and will be coached on a monthly basis.
Buy CTM basic now and start learning and succeeding in terminology management
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a specific start date and schedule?
There is no specific start date and schedule of our online courses. You can register at any moment.
How long it will take to complete the course?
That really depends on the time and energy you would want to invest in the course. Some of our participants finished the course in 2 months, some in 2 years, and all the rest in between.
Is this a classroom training with interaction between the trainers and trainees?
Yes and no.
Yes, because the course includes a 1 year subscription to a monthly terminology group coaching, live and online via Zoom, every 1st Thursday of the month. Here you can bring your terminology issues on the virtual table and discuss the course contents.
And no, because it is a self-paced course for busy people who prefer to meet and discuss things in a more direct way, as in the group coaching session that are recorded and made available for those who can not join live.
Are there additional fees for the exam?
Yes, the examination fees are not included in the course fees, but additional:
- for the BASIC level, € 234 (VAT-exempt)
- for the ADVANCED levl, € 354 (VAT-exempt)
- for ENGINEERING, € 379 (VAT-exempt)
Are there any deadlines to complete the course?
No, there are no deadlines, you can complete the course completely at your own pace. Just take your time.
How many hours shall I spend learning per week?
This is completely up to you. If you want to finish the course in 3 months, you would usually invest 3 to 5 hours per week. But this is only an estimate, depending on your experience and learning style.
Do I need to allocate specific hours for the course every day?
No, it is a self-paced course. So you are 100% flexible to learn whenever and wherever you want.
Does this course have an exam?
Yes, all our ECQA certified courses have an exam, to qualify as ECQA Certified Terminology Manager. However, the exam is not mandatory. You can just do the course without exam.
When are the dates for the exam?
There are no group dates for the exams any longer, you can schedule an individual date at any time.
How do I take the exam?
You first have to do an oral exam (your terminology project presentation, 20 minutes + 10 minutes Q&A), then you can register for the written exam (multiple choice online test).
We will send you the ECQA GmbH Exam Guide upon request. Just mail to email@example.com
Read more about the ECQA Certificates and Exams
This is what our participants say about the online trainings
I wanted to thank you all for your wonderful training. It has been extremely instructive and helpful, not only at a professional level, but also at a personal level. I have to say that, even if this time the course was online, I have felt fully involved in the training. The coordination has been wonderful too.Maria, Document Services Coordinator, International Labour Office
I really enjoyed the experience and indeed learned a lot about terminology management. Also, the material is very good. Maybe for the future it would be a good idea to create a corpus out of this.Noula, Director, Technology Implementation, nlg GmbH
I already downloaded it!
I will certainly keep in touch:-)
I learned a lot in your course, and I could enlarge my professional network. In addition, the certification strengthens the position of the terminologist in the company. Now it is much more difficult for people to argue that terminology is just a sideline, and can be done with no sweat.Nadja, Technical Writer / Terminologist, Dolby Germany GmbH